Self-Confidence is nothing but to believe in yourself. Think what you are and what you can do in your life. Some people are born with full of self-confidence but not everyone; some of us need to work on it. There are some important key factors which make you feel confident and now I’m going to discuss some important factors to increase your confidence.
1. Dress Nicely: Wearing good clothes that fit you correctly will definitely increase your confidence. Many of us do the mistake that we wear clothes that look nice but do not necessarily suit our body type. We should wear clothes that fit you well. If your body is healthy, avoid wearing too tight or too loose cloths. On other hand if you are very skinny please do not wear very loose clothes.
2. Physical Activity: Get involve in any physical activity like dancing, cycling or running will make you feel better. If every day we do yoga for 30 minutes, it will not only increase our physical muscular strength but also our mental strength and self-confidence. Regular exercise will make your body fit and physical fitness has a huge effect on self confidence.
3. Remember Your Good Qualities: Everybody has some good and some bad qualities. Always remember your best qualities. It is true that a nervous person has less confidence. Discover your best things and focus on your talent. Make a list of your good points and remind it daily, especially when you feel nervous. It will boost your confidence.
4. Positive Attitude: We know that nobody can always think positive and there are some limits of positive thinking. But if you decide you can definitely make a positive attitude towards your life. Please avoid self-pity and never try to gain sympathy of others. Make good friends and meet with people who encourage and motivate you.
5. Good Posture: Always stand up straight, hold your head high, throw your shoulders back and walk with confident steps. People with slumped shoulders and exhausted movements display a lack of self confidence. By practicing good posture, you’ll automatically feel more confident.
6. Work on Your Communication: Improve your communication skill. Stand in front of the mirror and speak about yourself. Don’t talk too fast or too slow as talking too fast shows your nervousness. Being too slow is also not good so that you need to speak with self-control. Maintain eye contact with listener, it would show the real confidence in you.
7. Make a Hobby: Keep learning new things and make it your hobbies. Adopt any activity that makes you feel happy like listening to music, dancing, learning some new computer skills, reading, writing, gardening, cooking, etc. Learning new things will enhance your self-confidence.
Author: Rashy Trivedi (Pune)